Every cell in the body has receptor sites for thyroid hormone.
Very few patients have ever had a thorough thyroid evaluation. It’s rare to see a patient get a full thyroid panel. In fact, I have never seen even one. There are 24 different types of thyroid problems. Patients can have more than 1 type of dysfunction.
The thyroid has interconnections with the brain, blood sugar, gut function, other hormonal cross-talk (cortisol, progesterone, estrogen, testosterone), immune relationships, related to medications. Inflammation has an effect on the thyroid. Also, the liver, gallbladder and cardiovascular system affect the thyroid.
Almost any symptom that a patient has can be related to the thyroid.
This is why it’s imperative to view the patient holistically when we consider the thyroid in case management.
How to become a patient?
- Fill out the paperwork listed below that can be found on our new patient’s section of the website. This typically takes about 1 hour.
– Welcome Form
– Brain Region Localization Form
– Metabolic Assessment Form
- Bring any bloodwork that’s within the last 12 months.
- Bring any thyroid imaging reports (ultrasound) if you have them.
- We may order additional labs
- After this, we will call you to set-up a 30-minute appointment to discuss your labs and came up an effective strategy to change your abs. The cost is $168.