The endocrine system is involved with glands or organs that produce and secrete hormones, which controls the body’s metabolism, growth, sexual development and function.
At our clinic, we combine the fields of neurology with understanding hormones to enhance patient outcomes, because it’s the hypothalamus (part of the brain ) that controls the pituitary, which regulates hormones.
With this approach, we can utilize complete thyroid panels, with a 24 hour urinalysis (DHEA, progesterone, estrogens, testosterone and corticosteroids), basic labs in combination with a complete neurological exam the understand the complexity of each patients unique hormonal integration.
After we gather this information, we can create strategies to change hormonal imbalances and re-test to check effectiveness.
Here are some examples of hormonal imbalances:
- Thyroid problems (24 types exist)
- Abnormal menstrual cycles
- Adrenal insufficiency/Hypoadrenalism
- Males – inability to get erections or sustain them
- Weight gain
- A buffalo hump (fat between shoulders)
- Decreased sex drive
- Hirsutism (hair on woman’s face)
- Hair loss in women
- Vaginal dryness
- Pain during sex
- Gynecomastia (male breasts)
- Hot flashes
- Premature Menopause
How to become a patient?
- Fill out the paperwork listed below that can be found on our new patient’s section of the website. This typically takes about 1 hour.
– Welcome Form
– Brain Region Localization Form
– Metabolic Assessment Form
- Give us any imaging reports
- Give us any blood work or other labs that are less than 1 year old.
- Recommend scheduling neuro-exam ($168)
- We may order additional labs
- After we collect all the information, we will create strategies the balance out hormones and restore function. This will be 30-minute report of findings, either on the phone or live at our clinic. The cost is $84.