These include mild cognitive impairment as well as the various types of dementias, Alzheimer’s disease being the most common.
The goal here is to assess the complexity of the situation and from here to modify the variable as much as possible. Along with this purpose, we want to isolate the most important areas of the brain that are being affected and to change these areas as much as possible. This may improve symptoms and quality of life. Understand that we can’t fix dementia, but we should improve the brain as much as possible.
How to become a patient?
- Fill out the paperwork listed below that can be found on our new patient’s section of the website. This typically takes about 1 hour.
– Welcome Form
– Brain Region Localization Form
– Brain Function Assessment Form
– Metabolic Assessment Form
- Bring any blood work that’s within the last 12 months.
- Bring any imaging reports (MRI) if you have them.
- Schedule a brain rehab exam with Houda (chiropractic assistant). We will test neurocognitive domains (1 hour) and QEEG (quantitative encephalography). This also takes about 1 hour. $400 total cost.
- We may order additional labs, depending on what is needed.
- After we collect all the data, Dr. McKenzie will schedule a 30 minute report of findings. This is included in the exam cost. He will discuss options for treatment.