Depression & Anxiety
To properly help a patient with depression and or anxiety we need to understand a few things:
- Which neurotransmitters in the brain are being made insufficiently?
- Which specific areas of the brain are being targeted?
- Is the whole brain inflamed?
- Is the blood brain barrier intact or is it breached?
- What’s happening in the gastro intestinal tract?
- Are there any contributing factors from a thyroid issue?
- Is the patient getting sufficient exercise and sleep?
- Does the patient have any form of dysglycemia?
- Is there any possible anemia present?
These are the factors that we need to understand and to change if possible.
We are willing to work together with your psychotherapist (psychiatrist, psychologist, counselors, etc.) to help you with this complex problem.
How to become a patient?
- Fill out the paperwork listed below that can be found on our new patient’s section of the website. This typically takes about 1 hour.
– Welcome Form
– Brain Region Localization Form
– Brain Function Assessment Form
– Metabolic Assessment Form
- Bring any brain imaging, neurocognitive domain test results and any blood work that’s less than 1 year old.
- Schedule neurocognitive domain testing (1 hour long) if you don’t already have that and QEEG (quantitative electro-encephalagraphy), which also takes about 1 hour.
- We will evaluate all the data and possibly order additional blood work.
- After we have all the data, we meet for 30 min. to discuss the next steps, which should involve a strategy to change your findings and results. This is a $400 cost.