What is neuroinflammation?
This is when the brain itself is inflamed.
Why does it matter?
This speeds up the process of dementia. It affects (promotes) mental health problems. It can give someone chronic pain. It can affect your bladder and bowel function. It can affect somatic function (physical function)
How can we find out?
Doing a QEEG (quantitative electroencephalogram) will tell us if your neurons are firing too high, thus creating neuroinflammation.
If there is neuroinflammation, we also have to then test the blood brain barrier to see if it’s breached.
What tests are available?
Cyrex labs has a test available that costs $225 or we can use your insurance to order an S100B. This goes to the Mayo clinic and typically takes 3 weeks to get results. After we know if the brain is inflamed and the blood brain barrier is breached, we create a strategy to change this.
How to become a patient?
- Fill out the paperwork listed below that can be found on our new patient’s section of the website. This typically takes about 1 hour.
– Welcome Form
– Brain Region Localization Form
– Brain Function Assessment Form
– Metabolic Assessment Form
- Bring any blood work that’s within the last 12 months.
- Schedule an appointment with Houda (chiropractic assistant) to get a QEEG. The cost is $200.
- We will order whatever additional labs are necessary.
- After we collect all the data, we will call you to schedule a 30-minute report of findings. The cost is $84.